Submitting evidence alongside your written statement is an important part of the appeals process. The Adjudication Team (who reviews student appeals) do not know you, your circumstances, or will have an opportunity to question you directly; therefore, this will allow the panel to critically analysis your statement and cross reference it with your evidence. It is also likely that the Adjudication Team will not consider appeal statements without supporting evidence to back it up.
Exceptional mitigating circumstance evidence might include:
- Doctor (GP) or hospital letter
- Death certificate
- Medical certificate
- Court letter or Police letter
- Evidence that you have sought support from Student Support and/or university staff
Operational problems impacting on academic outcome evidence might include:
- Witness statements (emails and/or on headed paper preferably for authenticity)
- Dates, times and location of disturbances such as building work
- Coursework acknowledgment slips to prove you submitted your work correctly
- Assignment instructions with unclear information
- Screenshots from online learning resources e.g. Blackboard.
- Evidence that you have sought support from Student Support and/or University staff, e.g. sent emails
- Numbering your evidence and using the exact titles throughout the appeal will make it easier for the Adjudication Team to cross reference your evidence with your appeal statement and prevent delays in your appeal being processed.
- Only include evidence that is relevant to the units and withing the time-period in which you state you were affected.
- Make sure your evidence is clear and easy to read.
- You can send as much or as little accompanying evidence as you like however, it’s usually best to include as much as you can get.
- If any of your supporting evidence is in a language other than English, you will be required to provide a certified translation.
- You must submit appeal statement evidence using your @study.beds.ac.uk email. Emails from personal email accounts will automatically be relegated to the bottom of the review list. If your @study.beds.ac.uk email is suspended, please contact SID