Every course that is delivered at core university campuses is regulated by the University of Bedfordshire Academic Regulations. These regulations outline how qualifications are assessed, managed and defined.

You may find yourself in a situation where you are unable to progress (move onto your next year) because the regulations do not allow you to, for example, you have not passed enough credits. In these circumstances, it is wise to visit the university’s Student Support Service where there is a specialist Student Engagement and Mitigation Team to discuss your options. They can also help if you are struggling to attend their lectures, finding your course more difficult than expected, or you need to take a break from your studies and wish to continue at a later date.

How can the SU help? 

A member of the Beds SU Advice team can help you to appeal a decision made about your progression if you have mitigating circumstances or you feel that an administrative occurred that impacted on your studies. Please see Academic Appeals.